Cloud Computing basics
Most of the IT people knows how long it takes for provisioning servers (Physical, VM), databases, making networking connection across servers/computers and many more activities. Cloud computing made all things are easy to use. Most of the organizations use different software to be provisioning of servers, databases etc., for that they must buy some physical servers and additionally they must pay if they are going to maintain in some data centre. There are so many factors it takes more manual works, hardware setup, power/network connections etc.,
Use cases like healthcare companies are using the cloud to develop more personalized treatments for patients. Financial services companies are using the cloud to power real-time fraud detection and prevention. And video game makers are using the cloud to deliver online games to millions of players around the world.
Cloud computing playing key role to cover some of these aspects for Organization by maintaining Infrastructure for their customers. Customers need to worry much about maintaining/renting/paying for data centre. Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. Instead of purchasing, owning, and maintaining physical data centres and servers, you can access technology services such as compute, storage, and databases on-demand through a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Cloud computing benefits
- On-Demand self-service – Provision server anytime
- Broad network access – Access your resources anywhere
- Resource pooling – No limits on resource provisioning
- Go-global in minutes (Worldwide deployments in mins)
- Measured service – Pay only for what you use (Like Metered billing)
- Cost Savings
Cloud computing DEployment models
Cloud computing services
Also, let me give an example to understand better. Let’s explain with Pizza.
I hope this analogy made you clear understanding about cloud computing service models.
Cloud computing categories
In terms of cloud offerings there are many categories resources can be classified and some of them as listed.
So far, you are just brushing up the cloud computing basics. These should be common across all the public cloud providers (Only the terms may differ among them).
Now, it’s time to decide which cloud provider you should start learning. Before start, just check the below points and decide yourself to select which one.
- Which cloud provider your company using (better to start from that)
- Check the job demand about which cloud provider in your region
- If you are passion about any specific company like (Amazon, Google, Microsoft)
- If they are specialized in your favorite category like AI, ML, Analytics, DevOps etc.,